It's getting hot out and we're all about keeping you and the kids cool! There are many ways to combat the summertime heat; one of those ways is cooling down with a delicious cold sweet treat, like a Popsicle!
Popsicles are a fun, easy, and tasty activity that you can share with the little ones during the hot summer months. Here are our steps for making Popsicles at home to beat the heat:
- Mold: You can purchase molds specifically made for Popsicles, but if you’re in a pinch you can find these common things around your home to make a mold:
- Paper or plastic cups
- Ice cube tray
- Baking tins (mini-muffin, loaf, or any small mold)
- Recycled yogurt cups
- Sticks: The easiest solution is Popsicle sticks or craft sticks from any of your local craft stores. You can also use plastic spoons if your mold is large enough!
- Blender: An immersion or table-top blender will work, just as long as it effectively blends all of the ingredients.
- Ingredients: There are so many recipes out there from pure fruit treats to creamy yogurt pops. It is up to you and your flavor preference. We recommend avoiding lots of added sugar and using the best fresh and tasty ingredients you can find! For simple, juice based fruit Popsicles, this is what we recommend:
- 2 cups of your favorite fruits or whatever is in season!
- 1 cup of juice, apple is always a good option, but you can use whatever you think will compliment your fruit choices.
- 1 cup of filtered water.
- Lemon or Lime juice.
- And maybe a little dollop of honey for those with a sweet tooth!
- Freeze: Combine all of the ingredients in your blender then pour evenly into your mold of choice! Freeze for about two hours and then insert the Popsicle sticks and then return to the freezer until your homemade Popsicles are completely frozen and ready for enjoying!
We hope this recipe for Popsicles helps you and your little ones keep cool this summer! Stay tuned for more DIY summer fun!
Share this Post